Mega-Neg will reveal the strengths and weaknesses in an individual’s negotiating skills. It will demonstrate how a traditional win-lose situation can be turned into a win-win one by adopting a shared approach to problem-solving and creative thinking. Use it to show:
- how the outcome of a negotiation can be pre-determined by the attitude of the negotiators.
- how creative thinking and an ‘open’ mind can improve the outcome of a negotiation.
- how the area of negotiation can be expanded to improve the outcome of a negotiation.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify how their behaviour impacts on the outcome of the negotiation.
- Recognise why a win win situation is the best outcome
- Choose the most appropriate approach to ensure success.
How it works
A negotiation game in which two parties are pitched against each other in a situation where only one can win. Can the parties break out of the traditional adversarial approach to problem-solving and find a mutually beneficial solution? What are their options?
What participants will be doing
Two participants will try to solve a problem while the remainder observes their behaviour and answer questions directed at them.
For what levels is it appropriate?
It is suitable for all those who need to improve their negotiating skills and improve their ability to think creatively to solve problems.
The Mega-Neg package includes a tutor manual, objective cards, and materials for 3 groups of between 5-12 members. This reusable activity is £135 plus Vat and postage