Recruit and Retain is designed to help you reduce the hidden costs that eat away at your profitability. It gives you the tools to ensure that all those responsible for recruiting and managing staff in your organisation can make the right recruitment choices. It will help them maintain morale, and make them better equipped to retain personnel. The activities also introduce the benefits of knowing and applying best practice.
Participants of Recruit and Retain will be able to:
- Attract, select and retain appropriate staff.
- Analyse job roles and identify the skills required.
- Support their new recruits effectively.
- Understand that recruitment and retention issues relate to all departments, not just to personnel.
How it works
Recruit and Retain provides participants with choices, the outcome of which will have immediate and visible impacts. The game has three elements:
- A case study in which participants suggest key roles that may need attention or creation to meet future plans.
- A model allowing assessment of the culture of your organisation.
- A board game, which is the core of the package. This explores the organisational entry process in depth and focuses on the efforts required to improve retention rates.
The game also deals with supplementary issues such as relevant aspects of the law, and ways in which the image of the company can be enhanced to improve its ability to become the employer of choice.
If you choose to facilitate in-house, we would recommend allocating a total of half a day to cover all the activities. Elgood also offers this package as a one-day facilitated event, which is suitable for organisations where recruitment and retention issues need examining in some depth.
What participants will be doing
Playing the board game, examining and debating the case study, and analysing the model in relation to their own organisation.
For what levels is it appropriate?
Those involved in the recruitment process, particularly general managers for whom this is not a core skill. The game will also benefit other staff, all of whom exert an influence on new recruits.
A half or full day event, depending on the specific audience and the desired objective.
Includes tutor manual, playing board, case study materials, player instructions, and all supporting documentation.
Additional facilitation option
We offer the simulation as a stand-alone package with full instructions and it also forms part of a one-day course which looks at the issues of recruitment and retention in greater depth.
The cost for a one-day course is £500 plus VAT and expenses.