30th March, 10:00am – 4:30pm London
Decision-making within organisations should be based upon the values that are communicated to its employees. When faced with an ethical dilemma, tight deadlines and pressure to perform, how can you ensure decisions are legitimate?
Join us for The Ethics Challenge on 30th March where you will be presented with a variety of current business issues. You will be required to think about the key factors when faced with these issues and work with others to understand how effective outcomes are reached. The workshop will be interactive using a business simulation game to link the decisions made to a range of potential outcomes.
THE WORKSHOP IS DESIGNED FOR
- Business unit leaders/managers seeking to improve the decision-making of their team.
- Functional heads of business seeking to link the values of the business with the decisions they make.
- Ethics professionals seeking to open a debate about how decisions are actually made versus how they could be made.
- Learning & development practitioners seeking to fully embed ethics into wider training programmes.
ON THE DAY
The session will be hosted by The Institute of Business Ethics with Rozyln Spinks, Head of Advisory Services and Christine Elgood, Managing Director of Elgood Effective Learning.
We will be looking at three key areas that impact on organisational performance, Leadership Trust, Ethical Decision Making and Corporate Reputation. For each of these areas there will be an update from a presenter offering new research and facts to support the argument for more ethical business and you will have an opportunity to share experiences with other participants while discussing real business issues.
Using a suggested framework for decision-making that explicitly recognises various stakeholders, you will consider:
- Decision-making in relation to a set of values.
- The importance of Leadership Trust: how to build and sustain it.
- Corporate Reputation: what happens when it is damaged and how does it impact on business performance.
- New research/facts to support ethical business.
WHY IS THIS EVENT RELEVANT?
- It offers one way to promote change in an organisation’s culture based on ethical decision-making.
- It demonstrates the link between decision-making and corporate reputation.
- It encourages openness and effective dialogue.
30th March 10.00AM to 4.30PM
IBE, 24 Greencoat Place, London, SW1P1BE.
The cost is £200 plus VAT.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE